The Civic and Engagement Subcommittee Equity and Environment Fund is available for students/student groups for community-based initiatives or projects that sit at the intersection of equity, justice, and sustainability. Preference will be given to initiatives which :
- Build student, faculty, and staff understanding related to issues of equity, justice, and sustainability through community-engaged activities.
- Establish successful, positive, and sustainable relationships between the university and the broader Charlottesville community.
- Promote a respectful environment at UVA through education and an inclusive dialogue.
- Have observable and measurable benefits to the representation or experiences of historically disadvantaged groups within the Charlottesville and UVA community.
- Uphold values of environmental justice.