Research Programs at UVA
This page is intended for students interested or participating in summer research programs hosted by the University of Virginia. Please use the “Other Opportunities” tab to find programs, scholarships, and fellowships hosted by other institutions and organizations.
Each program is unique, and students are encouraged to learn more about the programs by following the links below to their respective websites. Applications to these programs are competitive, and many have early spring deadlines. We encourage interested students to explore these pages sooner, rather than later.
- University of Virginia Data Justice Academy
- VA-NC Alliance Summer Research Program
- Leadership Alliance Mellon Initiative
- Leadership Alliance Summer Research Early Identification Program (SR-EIP) at the University of Virginia
- Open Doors Summer Research Program at the University of Virginia, School of Education and Human Development
- University of Virginia School of Medicine’s Summer Research Internship Program
- Summer Diabetes Research Internship
- Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) in Advanced Materials Synthesis
- Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) in Multi-Scale Systems Bioengineering and Biomedical Data Sciences
- Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) Program: Number Theory, Representation Theory, and Topology
- Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) Site Program: Ecology and Evolutionary Biology at University of Virginia’s Blandy Experimental Farm
- Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) Site Program: Ecology, Evolution, and Behavior Field Research at Mountain Lake Biological Station
- Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) Site Program: Virginia Coast Reserve LTER
- University of Virginia Summer Medical Leadership Program
- Collaborative Undergraduate Biostatistics Experience (CUBE)
Summer Enrichment Opportunities for Undergraduate Researchers
Students participating in summer research at UVA during summer of 2023 are invited to participate in the events detailed below to supplement their experience. Additional events may be added during the summer.
5th June | Summer Welcome and Meet & Greet – 4:30 p.m. in Clemons Library, Room 204 (or outside on the patio if the weather is nice!)
This kick off social is intended to foster inter-program connections and camaraderie. There will be popsicles!
6th July | Preparing a Research Presentation Workshop – 4:30 p.m. in Rotunda Multipurpose Room
This workshop will teach students how to prepare an effective and engaging research presentations.
26th July | Pizza & Posters – 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. in Clemons Library, Georges Student Center
Students from all programs are invited to participate as presenters or attendees at this interdisciplinary research showcase. All presenters will share their work using academic research posters. If you are interested in participating, please submit your project information using this link no later than 11:59pm on Sunday, July 16.
- Posters should be 36" x 48" (H x W), and they should be ready to be displayed on bulletin boards (with push pins) at the event. They should not be free-standing.
Questions about applications or program details should be directed to the contact indicated on the program’s webpage.